Aubergines with fresh yoghurt sauce and pomegranate
Discover this simple healthy Middle Eastern inspired dish. Prepare it as a salad for lunch, as a starter, side dish or as a shared plate. Alva offers you the step-by-step low-carb recipe for every grill lover.
- 2 aubergines
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 pomegranate
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
- Rinse and cut the aubergines in half longways. Use a sharp knife to slit the flesh crosswise. Make sure the skin remains intact.
- Rub olive oil on the inside of the aubergines and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Leave to soak in while you prepare the yoghurt dressing.
- Place the yoghurt in a bowl and stir in just enough cold water to make a sauce, about 2 tablespoons.
Season with crushed mint leaves, garlic, a little salt and lemon juice. Or blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
Place in the fridge and chill, covered, until needed.
- Place the aubergines, face down, on a preheated grill pan. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side until the aubergines are charred and starting to soften.
- Cut the pomegranate and remove the seeds from it.
- Serve the aubergines with the yoghurt dressing and the pomegranate seeds. Garnish with the remaining mint leaves.