Pasta with clams: perfect Italian dish for a summer evening!
Fresh clams, artisanal pasta, white wine and fresh herbs. That is all it takes to get you into a summery Italian mood, right? Taste the sea with this simple but delicious recipe for capellini alla vongole!
• 1 kg small clams
• ½ bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 4 cloves of garlic
• 10 cherry tomatoes
• 250 ml white wine
• 400 g capellini
• olive oil
• 1-2 dried red chillies
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil, sort out the cleaned clams. Any shells that are broken should be thrown away. If some shells are not closed properly, give them a firm tap. If they do not close, throw them away too.
- Place a stainless steel sauté pan with a lid on medium to high heat and let it get hot.
- Finely chop the parsley stalks and set them aside. Roughly chop the parsley leaves. Peel and chop the garlic, cut the tomatoes into quarters and measure out the wine.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water with a generous pinch of salt. Cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the packet.
- About 5 minutes before the pasta is ready, add 4 good splashes of olive oil to the hot pan and add the garlic, parsley stalks, salt and pepper. Crumble the dried chilli and add it to the pan together with the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir constantly. When the garlic starts to brown, add the clams and pour in the wine. It will crackle and steam, so stir everything well and put the lid on the pan.
- The clams will start to open after 3 or 4 minutes. Keep stirring until they are all open. Remove the sauté pan from the heat.
- Drain the al dente pasta, then place it in the sauté pan with the clams. Add the parsley leaves and an extra splash of olive oil.
- Stir for another minute or two so that the pasta can absorb the delicious clam juices.
- Serve and enjoy!